Santha Cooke directs The Sycamore Center for Healing. A lifelong student of human and natural systems, she brings care and respect to her work with both people and the land.
Decades of training and experience inform Santha's healing practice. She has supported hundreds of individuals in their search for lasting transformation, using simple, natural tools of wellness to help them reclaim the innate beauty, wisdom, joy and connection that are their birthright.
Santha has been in private practice as a NYS licensed massage therapist since 1997. She has practiced health coaching as a certified holistic health counselor since 2001, and has received extensive additional training in OneTaste desire-based coaching. She offers individual and group cooking classes (in her home or yours) to teach clients how to have improved health and greater vitality, joy and satisfaction in life through changes in food and diet. Santha is also authorized to practice plant spirit medicine, and is a founding member of the International Plant Spirit Medicine Association. Her Meet the Plants classes are designed to introduce students to the beauty and usefulness of common local plants.
With the Land:
"… a midwife to the soul." -- Kara Dean-Assael, Founder, FareGround Community Cafe, Beacon, NY
" ... a magician!" -- Alisa Algava, Director, The Randolph School, Wappinger Falls, NY
- BS Agriculture (Cornell University, 1976)
- MS Elementary and Special Education (Bank Street College of Education, 1990)
- Therapeutic Massage (Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy, 1998. NYS Licensed Massage Therapist)
- Jin Shin Do(R) Acupressure (TM) (Iona Marsaa Teeguarden, Jin Shin Do Foundation, 1998)
- Holistic Health and Nutrition Counseling (Joshua Rosenthal, Institute for Integrative Nutrition, 1999-2003)
- Plant Spirit Medicine (Eliot Cowan, Plant Spirit Medicine Seminary, 2007. Certified 2009)
- Foundations of Svaroopa Yoga, 2012
- Mama Gena's School of Womanly Arts Mastery Program, 2001 and 2014
- Desire-Based Coaching and OM training (OneTaste Coaching Program, 2015 - 2017)
"Land-Based Learning for Health and Sustainability ..."
"Our Mission: to build a strong local community of healthy, competent, empowered individuals, joyfully engaged in learning to live sustainably, in balance, harmony, and right relationship with the Divine natural world and one another."